Site Francais de Roger Hodgson
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 ...
Voir le deal
499.99 €

Roger Hodgson Press Release

Roger Hodgson Press Release Empty Roger Hodgson Press Release

Message par roger92 Dim 6 Juin - 14:45

Roger Hodgson Brings Hugely Successful 2010 World Tour to Europe

Extends “olive branch” to ex-band Supertramp ~ offers reunion shows, but gets no response
The original voice and composer of classics like "Breakfast In America", "Logical Song", “Dreamer”, and “Give A Little Bit”, will not take part in Supertramp's Anniversary Tour

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Concluding the hugely successful South American leg of his 2010 World Tour, Roger Hodgson now heads to Europe for performances around the Continent this summer starting in Stadtallendorf, Germany June 5, and Trier, Germany June 6. Roger’s tour continues in Norway, the Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Belgium and France, as well as a jump over the ocean for Canadian shows in July. Roger ends his 2010 tour with a few US dates in November. (Full World Tour dates: www.rogerhodgson.com )

“There are few vocalists instantly recognizable from the first few bars of a song but Roger Hodgson is certainly one of that unique group. The singer/songwriter of Supertramp, his voice is as unmistakable as the distinct keyboard sound of his early hits.”
“The response to our shows in South America was overwhelming. The concerts were filled with warmth, enthusiasm and strong emotions. For most, English isn’t their first language, yet music is the language of the soul and it was felt by all. The fans’ appreciation and love for my music, combined with my joy in serenading them, is what creates magic,” said Hodgson. “I’m looking forward to continuing the celebration, playing for my friends and fans across Europe and North America in the coming months.” (A multimedia review in Roger Hodgson World Tour Blog)
Roger Hodgson offers olive branch to Supertramp
(For more on the story see News Page.)
Roger Hodgson co-founded Supertramp with Rick Davies in 1969, a partnership that dissolved amicably in 1983. When Hodgson heard that his former band-mates Rick, Bob Siebenberg and John Helliwell were going out later this year on a Supertramp 40th Anniversary Tour, he offered to join them for a few special reunion concerts in response to the many requests from fans. Supertramp’s management has so far refused, and has not even publicly acknowledged Hodgson’s offer.
“Last summer Rick and I talked about working together again, but it was about a totally different tour. It was never about a 40th anniversary tour and there were no talks that included the classic line up. In fact, it was a total surprise hearing Rick say he wants to put the old band back together, because last year he was adamantly opposed to working with John, Bob and Dougie due to the law suits that had been going on between them the last few years.”
“As far as Rick and Sue now claiming there were 15 months of discussions, I guess they are counting from the one time we met in 2008 until they stopped returning our calls and emails last summer, even though most of those months there was no communication between us at all. I can only surmise they want to give the impression we really tried, so all the requests for me to be a part of some special reunion shows will quiet down because the fans will think it’s impossible. But it is possible.”
“I enjoy the way I’m performing my music now more than ever, yet I know that it means a lot to the fans to see me on stage with Supertramp again and I feel it’s the right thing to do. It is because of the fans’ wishes I have offered, and the offer is still on the table as my way of saying thank you to the fans for their support of our music all these years. None of us would be here if it weren’t for the fans.”
Hodgson speaks out about misleading advertising appearing in Europe
Hodgson went on, “I have become very close to the fans through touring over the past few years and I’ve heard from many how on Supertramp’s last tours, and again on this current tour, some radio stations are playing the songs I wrote and sang lead vocals on to announce the Supertramp concerts. After playing The Logical Song, Breakfast in America, Give a Little Bit or Dreamer with my voice singing, they announce ‘that was Supertramp and they are coming in concert... giving the cities and dates.’ In the past, many people attended the Supertramp shows expecting to hear my voice, and I was not there.”
“So I’m very unhappy to see the misleading advertising with my photos and my voice appearing again. Much of the public think of my voice as one of the trademark sounds of Supertramp and they recognize my voice but they don’t know that it’s Roger Hodgson singing. So if my picture or my voice is used to announce Supertramp, it is confusing even if some of the articles say Roger Hodgson will not be part of this tour. It is of course not right when my voice, image and likeness are used to promote someone else’s tour, and I need to speak up about it.”
Agreement between Supertramp’s Songwriters
(Full Songwriter’s list)
When they parted ways, Roger Hodgson and Rick Davies had a gentleman’s agreement that Rick would keep the name Supertramp, and Roger would keep the approval rights to the songs he wrote. In this way, their different styles as songwriters and artists would be delineated: Supertramp would become a vehicle for Rick’s music, and Roger Hodgson would become a distinct solo artist defined by his own voice and musical expression. Every band makes different business arrangements as partnerships are dissolved and assets divided. Hodgson said “After 14 years building the Supertramp name, which had become very valuable, what I cared about most was taking my individual art, songs and compositions with me. Rick and I began writing and composing separately, starting before Crime of the Century, yet we continued to share songwriter’s credit, similar to Lennon and McCartney, which I deeply regret.”
“My songs were written and composed when I was alone and come from a deeply personal place, they were not written with Rick or Supertramp. These songs are pieces of my heart and soul that I put into song. The band didn’t share the philosophical and spiritual beliefs that I wrote about, and Rick didn't even like a lot of my songs and argued against some of them being included on the records. Yet ironically, now some of those very same songs are being used to sell his tour. I feel that as an artist you want to be authentic and original and believe in the music that you perform.”
“I feel I need to speak up as a voice for artistic integrity, not only for myself but for every artist that’s had someone claim credit for their creation be it a songwriter, screenwriter, artist, inventor or creator of any kind. Anyone who knows me knows I am a very easy going guy, yet it’s time for me to speak up for integrity in the music business, for honesty in advertising, and for all my fans and the public who I don’t want to see misinformed.”
Simultaneous Roger Hodgson & Supertramp tours in Europe
“Rick has written so many songs himself, he went on to create several albums after I left Supertramp. He has more than enough great songs to fill a concert. Many fans have said they prefer me performing my own songs, rather then hearing them at Supertramp concerts. And since we are both touring at the same time fans have the opportunity this year to hear me sing my classics as the original songwriter at my concerts. And the Supertramp tour is the opportunity for fans to hear Rick’s musical style and songs.”
“The good news is, since we are both touring simultaneously in Europe, fans will be able to go see Supertramp and Roger Hodgson concerts both in the same year. And if Rick will change his mind there could be a few special reunion concerts as well.”
About Roger Hodgson (www.rogerhodgson.com)
Roger Hodgson is recognized as one of the most gifted composers, songwriters and lyricists of our time. As the legendary voice, writer and arranger of most of Supertramp’s greatest hits between 1970 and 1983, such as The Logical Song, Breakfast in America, Give a Little Bit, Dreamer, It’s Raining Again, Fool’s Overture, School, Lord Is It Mine, and Take the Long Way Home he has composed and recorded enduring songs that have become the sound track of the lives of two generations of fans. A Roger Hodgson concert is an amazing event that leaves the audience feeling uplifted, renewed, excited, and wanting to come again. Those who have been to Roger’s concerts will agree there is a very special connection Roger makes with his audience. He gives his whole heart in every show, and sounds better live today than in the recording studio more than a generation ago. (Roger Hodgson’s Full Bio)
"There are few vocalists instantly recognizable from the first few bars of a song but Roger Hodgson is certainly one of that unique group. The singer/songwriter of Supertramp, his voice is as unmistakable as the distinct keyboard sound of his early hits."
~The London Times
“I am a long time fan, not only of Supertramp but of Roger Hodgson as a solo artist. You are truly an artist extraordinaire and above that a true gentleman, your ability to touch the audience not only through your music but also your kindred spirit is unsurpassed by any.”
~Sample fan comment from Roger's Guestbook
(More Press & Fan reviews)
Roger Hodgson is represented by Harmonic Management.
Join the Roger Hodgson International Community:
http://twitter.com/RogerHodgson
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/rogerhodgson
http://www.myspace.com/officiallyroger
http://www.rogerhodgson.com/mailingnew.php
Contacts
Harmonic Management

Linda Tyler, +1-530-906-1206 +1-530-906-1206
Shakti Shivaya, +1-530-906-1484 +1-530[u]
roger92
roger92
Admin