Site Francais de Roger Hodgson
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -20%
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 ...
Voir le deal
79 €

Interview Roger.

+3
Sarahbay
boncoeur
roger92
7 participants

Interview Roger. Empty Interview Roger.

Message par roger92 Mer 1 Juil - 12:05

ROGER HODGSON: “I LEFT SUPERTRAMP TO NOT LOSE MY FAMILY”
By IMMA FERNANDEZ
Posted on Spanish paper EL PERIODICO
June 29th, 2009
English translation by ABEL FUENTES

The sharp voice of Supertramp returns to Barcelona twelve years later to revive, next Wednesday at Poble Espanyol, the soundtrack of several generations.

QUESTION: During your performance in Porta Ferrada Festival last year, you asked why you never played in Barcelona, one of your favourite cities.

ROGER: Yes, I love the spirit of the city and its people. They are so bubbly, passionate, unique… And I have lots of friends here. I spoke with my manager and I’m very happy for being here again.

QUESTION: You showed a great sense of humour. You were very shy with Supertramp…

ROGER: Yes, I’ve changed a lot. Then I couldn’t speak to a microphone and now I love laughing and making people laugh. I became a new man after twenty years outside the band. Now I’m very self-confident and very happy. I enjoy life very much.

QUESTION: How did you get it?

ROGER: Spiritual life is very important to me. I’m not happy for my success and for the ovations from the audience. I’m happy because I’m very grateful for my life and for living it with my heart. Everyone must find his way to God, and for me that way is love and it’s inside my own heart.

QUESTION: Your voice is the same one as ever. Maybe it’s because you don’t smoke…

ROGER: Maybe, but I think it’s because when I feel good inside, my voice sounds wonderful. If I’m not happy, it doesn’t sound as good.

QUESTION: Your mother has just passed away…

ROGER: Yes, it was very hard. She was a big support for my music and my dreams. But my work on stage is to forget my problems, to feel happy and to give my best to the people.

QUESTION: Sincerely, did you leave Supertramp because you had some discrepancies with the other leader, Rick Davies, because of a personal crisis or, as you said, because of your family?

ROGER: Many things have been said about it, but the truth is I got married and I had two children in two years, so I couldn’t do two things right at the same time. It had been fourteen wonderful years with the band, but my heart told me that, if I stayed, I’d lose the growth of my sons and I’d lose my family.

QUESTION: You moved to the mountains…

ROGER: Yes, I left Los Angeles and I moved to a healthier place. I bought some land in a nice place, Nevada City, surrounded by trees and nature. They said I was crazy, but everyone must follow his heart.

QUESTION: Did you never regret it?

ROGER: It was a very hard decision, because Supertramp was my baby, my songs and my sounds. And now, when few people still know who Roger Hodgson was, I want they know those songs and that voice they are listening to during many years are mine. But when I look backwards, I know I took the right decision staying with my children.

QUESTION: Your wife was lucky… Are you still together?

ROGER: No. Unfortunately, my marriage ended when my children grew. We realized then there was nothing left between us… But I get along with my sons.

QUESTION: Is it harder to be a father or to be a rock star?

ROGER: Oh, to be a father is much harder! To have success is hard too, it’s like playing with fire, but to be a father is a very difficult challenge.

QUESTION: Your parents sent you to a boarding school when you were a boy… Maybe that’s why you didn’t want to leave your children alone?

ROGER: Yes, maybe. I was there since I was 8 years old and it was very hard. We educated our children at home until they were 11 years old, when they decided to go to school. I was sent to a boarding school very early, but it was also a big experience for me: I asked many questions myself, I started to write songs, I wrote ‘The logical song’ there, I played with the school band… And my guitar became my best friend.

QUESTION: You played some tours with your son Andrew, who also is a musician… Will you do it again?

ROGER: He took his own way, he has his own music. But maybe we’ll do it again.

QUESTION: You come to Barcelona accompanied by Aaron MacDonald on sax, keyboards, harmonica… It’s a little band of two members, something perfect for crisis times…

ROGER: Yes, yes. We get a great sound, isn’t it? At first Aaron just played sax, but I encouraged him to learn to play harmonica, keyboards… I like it because we get a powerful sound but it’s also very intimate. I can put more emotion on my songs this way than when I play a whole band behind me.

QUESTION: Did you mind when Rick Davies and your other old mates kept working under the name Supertramp?

ROGER: It annoyed me when they broke our agreement and they played my songs. They said they would never do it.

QUESTION: You tried to work again with Davies some years ago, but he gave you the brush off…

ROGER: He wasn’t interested in it then, but I hope someday we play music together again. I’d love it, to close the circle.

QUESTION: Is it frustrating for you that people want to hear the old hits more than your new songs?

ROGER: No, all of them are my songs. Simply some songs are more famous than other ones.

QUESTION: Did all your dreams come true?

ROGER: I believe in serving people with my life or my music. Everyday I wake up very grateful for what I got. And now my dream is to share my heart with the people, to help them to be a bit happier.
roger92
roger92
Admin

http://rogerhodgson.fr

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Interview Roger. Empty Re: Interview Roger.

Message par boncoeur Mer 1 Juil - 12:39

merci rog cet interview est magnifque, il espère terminer la boucle avec supertramp cet interview est vraiment magnifique il parle de samère de son couple ses enfants et de ses choix
merci

boncoeur

Message par Sarahbay Mer 1 Juil - 12:59

Merci Nicolas ,super
Sarahbay
Sarahbay

Message par chriscas Mer 1 Juil - 13:41

Et la lueur d'une reformation est toujours présente...

Quoi qu'il en soit, ne boudons pas notre plaisir : vivement le concert du 7 juillet 2009. Wink
chriscas
chriscas
Admin

Message par gargouille Mer 1 Juil - 14:20

super interview, merci Nicolas. et oui, vivement le 7 juillet 2009, et le 19 juillet et tous les concerts ausquels les uns ou les autres auront la chance d'assister Very Happy
gargouille
gargouille

Message par Scornet marie-josé Mer 1 Juil - 15:19

Merci Niclas , un interview enrichichant ou il parle un peu de sa vie de famille de ses choix et de son bonheur à partager du plaisir et des rires avec son public . vraiment trés sympas j'ais beaucoup aimée merci
Wink
Scornet marie-josé
Scornet marie-josé

http://www.myspace.com/rogeretpuismoi

Message par SBOPERA Mer 1 Juil - 16:45

Merci pour cette très belle interview, Roger a trouvé sa voie, donner du bonheur, de la joie, partager des moments forts avec les gens qui l'aiment, et la musique en est le parfait véhicule, on en a besoin en ce monde perturbé. Merci Roger
Like a Star @ heaven
SBOPERA
SBOPERA

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé